Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello again

Wow - 2 days in a row - even I'm impressed now! Today was a productive day - I just got done cleaning the kitchen floor. I used a swifter wet jet. We decided to try one of these now since the kitchen, hall and both boys rooms are all hard wood floors. I like it. Now I do have to say that the only reason that I even had to clean the floor was because I spilled David's soda all over the floor as soon as we walked in the house after walking in the door.

We found out that Christmas Eve a pipe burst at the school, flooding it. They were able to get the computers up off the ground, but we are still left with a stinky mess to clean up. Fun.


Ethan is learning how to use the computer. He is playing games in Playhouse Disney. He now just wants to sit in front of the computer all day long and "play". It is kinda fun watching him on the computer though. Just another example of my baby growing up.

We went over to Ward and Debbie's house and saw friends from Havasu (well they don't live in Havasu any more - they now live in Williams, AZ) - Dick and Bev Allen and their daughter Debbie were passing through town and stopped at Debbie and Wards for the night. When they pulled in the discovered that their motor home no longer went in reverse! They might be staying longer than just a night.......

Tonight my friend Abby and I are going to see a movie - okay - we just went and saw a movie. (Yes, I started this post before we left and am finishing it now that I am back). I do have to say that it was one of the best movies that I have seen in a long time. I guess that I am a sucker for a good love story too. We saw Twilight. I am now off to read the first book in the series. I am afraid though, that if I start the book tonight - sleep will not be had. I will tell myself - just the first chapter.......


Well my friends - my book, my pillow, and my PJ's are all calling.

I will catch up will you all later.

Hope your Friday was as exciting as mine.

3 comments:

Christy said...

It is always good to hear the chipper in your posts! Glad to have you back Shan! I sure hope 2009 blesses your family and is a much better year for you!

Angela & Albert Fontenot said...

SO good to hear you posting agian. I've been checking every so often. I miss you! Glad to hear things are going okay for you!
Love,
angela

debi9kids said...

I love all the new pics you have added here. The kids are getting so big and just beautiful!!!

Glad to hear you are getting out and enjoying yourself a bit :)