Monday, February 14, 2011

And Here We Go

Well - in 11 days we are supposed to be packing up our life here in St. Louis and moving West - to St. George, Utah. We will be going from the 1st most dangerous place to live in the US to the number 18 safest place to live. St. George is also noted to be a faster growing area than Vegas. What does that matter to us? Well - it means that there should be good job opportunities for both David and I. We are also moving closer to David's family. This will be a good thing. We have been here for 3 (almost 4) years and it has been hard on us. We have found some amazing babysitters along the way - but they do cost money. With the amount of kids that we have - the babysitter ends up being more expensive than the actual night out. It will be nice to have family to watch the kiddos every once in a while so that we can go out.

This move is also bitter sweet. In August I reached out to my Birth Father who I hadn't seen in some 25+ years. I also have two half-sisters and a step mother, all of whom I have met before - it just has been a lot of years. Things have turned out so much better than I have even wanted. It is hard for me to really explain how much this means to me. There has been so much going on with my own family (when isn't there) that this has been so awesome and a welcome relief.

We are excited about what the future has to hold for us. We are looking forward to a sense of "starting over". I am looking forward to beginning my career in the Counseling world. I am looking forward to taking up hiking and camping and all the outdoors stuff that we will be able to now.

2 comments:

Sharlene said...

I am excited that you will be closer! And they have In and Out in St George. Double bonus!

Shannon said...

Shar - I am so excited that we will be so close to like a handful of national parks! We will actually be right on the edge of Zion - close enough for Daily hikes and even weekend camping trips :) Maybe your love for national parks will rub off on me and we can work on a national park check off list! Score for In & Out - how do you know that and I don't? We will have plenty of room - so plan a trip! Mari and Mayah can share her pink bedroom with Hot Pink sheets! (Mayah is just a little bit excited about her "princess room" - such a girl!)