Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So much to do - So little time

We are now in the "countdown" mode. The kids keep asking if today will be their last day of school. They are going to miss their friends and I keep telling them that they will make new ones. I wish I knew what was going on in their heads enough to really understand how this move is effecting them - if at all. Mayah keeps talking about moving to UTAH and her pink house - at least she will have a Pink bedroom with Hot Pink sheets and Tinker-bell window coverings. She is such a girl! 


We are still in discussions with the brother in regards to them sharing a room or not. I am not sure how they would do separated. I think that they would sleep better - they wouldn't wake each other up - or would they? They could still go into the others room.... We will cross that bridge when we get there I guess. I mean we will finally have the room for them each to have their own room AND a play room! So excited! We will see how it goes. 


After this move I will be happy if I never see a box again! I was hoping that the move cross country here would be the last - but it looks like the Man upstairs has other plans for us. Things were so much different at that time. The twins were 1 year old exactly the day we pulled out of Vegas, and I was pregnant with another set of twins. This time - I am not pregnant! But I am knee deep  neck deep in my Masters Program. We will see if this move can sustain my 4.0. I'm not holding my breath - but anything is possible!


It is amazing how much stuff we have to move with the kids. We have so much "stuff". We have weeded a bunch out in the past few months and will continue up until the day we move I do believe! There are times that I wish we didn't have all this "stuff" - how easy would it be to just give it all away and live with just what we "need". Not  - gee this makes life easier - but really need, to actually sustain ourselves. I want to teach my kids that life is not about STUFF but the quality of relationships that we surround ourselves with. Its a hard concept to deliver unless you are actually living it. I think that Utah will be a big turning point in our lives. 


Well now that I have procrastinated long enough - time to get back to my homework. On tonights agenda - Can you really assess Intelligence? 

1 comment:

Angela & Albert Fontenot said...

I love your blog! No, I don't think you can assess intelligence with pinpoint accuracy and I believe in multiple intelligences but I do think you can assess when someone is clearly super high or low functioning with respect to being able to integrate into daily life and be successful.

I changed my major to criminal justice (its called public safety at Capella) which is where I got my undergrad in.

I sure would love to see you before you leave! I'll be back in STL this weekend. Call me next week if you are still here! And thanks for the blog invitation. I love it!
love,
ang