Sunday, January 27, 2008

2 AM and even the cat puked.

So why is it that when kids get sick it is always at 2 in the morning??? So this morning we were awoken by the sounds of one of the brothers coughing on the baby monitor. I told David that it didn't sound like just a cough - but it sounded like he just puked. Well sure enough it was Isaac and he had puked everywhere. I went and got a screaming Aidan while David cleaned up Isaac. Just what we need another sick kid. Isaac continued to puke as David was cleaning him up and changing his sheets. Ethan soon joined me in the big chair with Aidan. Ethan wanted to make sure that Aidan was not sick because he did not want to throw up again. Ethan has not thrown up in 24 hours, but is still running a high fever and not feeling good. He didn't want to eat anything yesterday because he didn't want to throw up again. I am sure some of him stomach ache that he says he has is because he is hungry. So David and Isaac are upstairs and Ethan, Aidan and I are in the living room watching my Tivo'd episode of Wife Swap and Elmo (our cat) comes and joins us. Aidan gets a kick out of petting him. No sooner does Elmo jump on the arm of the chair does he start retching, I push him off the chair just in enough time for him to puke on floor. Lovely!

So now at 3am David is sitting upstairs with Isaac - who is still throwing up, Ethan and Aidan are back in their bed, and I am in mine. I can't afford to get sick. Not like David can either - but who wants to be a bedrested woman throwing up??

I sure hope that this bug runs its course through our family quickly - and if Aidan is going to get sick it is awful of me to ask that he gets sick sooner rather than later? This waiting 24 hours between kids puking isn't all that fun. Let them all be sick at once then we don't have to worry about separating them and keeping contaminated germs away from the well. Some job that we have been doing of that anyway - so far it has just postponed the inevitable - the kids still puke.

I mean even the cat caught it.

No comments: