Monday, January 28, 2008

I am offically 26 weeks!!!

I have decided to finally post a preggo picture of myself. I have gained 1 lb. since my last Dr's visit. So in just 4 more pounds I will make it to my pre-pregnancy weight. All and all my Dr's appointment went well. No change in my cervix - still holding strong at 3.1. I get to lower my insulin to 8 units AM and PM from 10 units - good news but it still means that I have to give myself 2 shots a day. I didn't see my normal Dr, but I did see one of the Dr's that I saw in the hospital. He told me that I could start weaning myself off of my meds to stop contractions. He said to just start with my Procardia - he actually said that I could stop it altogether but I am just going to go down to every 6 hours from every 4. I mean I am still having contractions so I am sure hoping that I won't have more. Lets see, what else? I still am going in every 2 weeks for right now - I get an ultrasound each time - they do a cervical length each week and a growth scan every 4 weeks. Oh this week when the nurse measured my belly I actually measured at 26 weeks. So far I have been 2-3 weeks behind. I guess that I have a baby bump now!.

Well it seems that we are all on our way to getting better. No one has thrown up in 36 hours! I decided to be proactive and combat my nausea sympathy feelings with my Compazine prescription. So far it has worked. Heres to hoping that it stays that way.

Well that is it for now. I am needing to take a much needed nap, and then try to scramble something together for dinner. Until later...

3 comments:

Jane said...

You look great! Love the picture in bed. Ah, the good old days. :) Hang in there!!!

debi9kids said...

Yeah! Looking preggo now! woohoo! (and fabulous too!)
BTW You better not be "scrambling" anything! You're supposed to be planted in one spot! Don't make me glue your butt in place! LOL

Tonya Staab said...

You look absolutely gorgeous hon.