Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Good-bye 2007 - Here's to an Awesome 2008!!!!!

Wow it is amazing how far we have come. We are now living in Illinois and love it. I do have to say that it is a little bittersweet though - we really miss all of our friends in Vegas. It is good to know that this is where God has placed us though for this season in our life. Right before we moved (3 weeks actually) I found out that I was pregnant again! It was a total shocker and had us reeling for a bit. We were able to have an ultrasound the day that we drove out of town to start our move halfway across the country. The tech didn't really talk much so we really didn't get much info other than everything was going good. The next day, while we were in Utah, my Dr. called me with the results and said that from what the tech saw it looked liked twins again! Wow it took me a while to wrap my head around that. Because I was diagnosed with Epilepsy earlier in 2007, that made this pregnancy High Risk so as soon as we got settled I needed to get set up with a Dr here.

Just about 3 weeks later I got in to see a new Dr and had an Ultrasound. It was during that Ultrasound that they confirmed that it was a twin pregnancy but unfortunately we lost one. The good news was the one that we still have is doing good and thriving. We have since found out that after 3 boys we are having a GIRL!!! AnnaGrace is due to make her entrance into the work May 5th (our 7th wedding anniversary). Just about 3 weeks ago I started having contractions and was concerned that we were dealing with Pre-Term labor again. I called my Dr and went in and he discovered that my cervix was starting to shorten. He started me on Medicine to help stop contractions.

Long story short, 2 weeks, 2 hospital visits, 3 ultrasounds, husband mandated bed rest, gallons of water and LOTS of prayers later - bed rest is working and keeping things where they should be. We are getting some help for me during the day so that I don't have to worry about going up and down the stairs or lifting the boys much. Our church has been awesome with support and helping out when we need it.

The medicine that I am on really kicks my butt and gives me the shakes and makes it hard for me to sleep at night BUT it is doing its job and keeping the contractions at bay.

Ward and Debbie were here for Christmas and New Years and they left yesterday morning, we are very sad to see them go. They blessed us greatly and were sooo much help to me. It was really good to see them and get to spend some time with them. We really need to pray that their house sells so that they can move here NOW!!! They spent time looking at places that they could buy here and I think that some of are really awesome!

The boys are all doing so good and getting so big. Right now they all have coughs and snot and are not feeling that well. We are praying for quick recoveries!!

I think that is about it.

Here's to a GREAT 2008!!!

No comments: