Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Contractions, Contractions go away....

So I guess that I am paying for feeling so good the past few days. I have been shaky and having contractions all day long - you know the ones that seem to last forever. I am not having more than my allowed 8 per hour but they are still very annoying. The Dr that I saw on Monday seems to be of the mindset that if you are feeling good then you can get up and around but if you are not then stay down. With our lack of babysitters Mon and Tue I was up a bit more than normal helping David out around the house. I didn't do much - but enough that I am paying for it today.

And of course just when we thought that we were all on the mend - Isaac threw up again last night. He didn't cry and scream so we didn't know it until we got him this morning. Of course that meant that it was all crusted over him and the bed - NASTY STUFF. He has also been oh so fussy today too. I sure hope that it is just a fluke. I think that I have had my fill of sick kids this year. I am ready for the spring/summer!

We decided to go for a drive or do something yesterday that would get everyone out of the house. In the past month the boys have only left the house twice and both of those times were for Dr's visits. We needed to get out of the house!! We just ended up going to WalMart to get some much needed overnight diapers. Don't worry - I used one of those electric carts that go .5 miles per hour. When we went into WalMart it was extremely windy out but rather warm (60+) degrees. We were in WalMart for close to an hour and by the time that we left the store it was still extremely windy but it was 20 degrees out. It literally dropped 40 degrees in less than an hour. And we wonder why our kids are sick. We were in the 70's yesterday and now they are forecasting sub-zero wind chills and 3-6 inches of snow for the next two days.

On Monday night I made a really easy dinner. I think that I found a new dish for pot lucks and many other things. It was soooo easy to put together and everyone ate it. Well everyone except Aidan who is the pickiest kid on the planet and will still only eat baby food. Okay so do you want to know what it is??? I'll tell you. First I got a casserole dish and put a good layer of broccoli on the bottom (either fresh or if you are using frozen thaw it first) then on top of the broccoli put a layer of cooked shredded chicken. To top it off I mixed a can of cheddar cheese soup and broccoli and cheese soup and one can of milk (to make it creamy) and poured it over the chicken. Just add it right on top - I then topped the whole thing off with a good layer of uncooked Stove Top. I baked it (just to warm it through and through) at 350 for about 40 minutes. I then cooked some rice to go with it. It was great. The cheese sauce just melted through the whole dish and it was sooooo good. Let me now if you try it and like it.

I am not sure if I have mentioned it our not but I am also taking my last 3 classes right now! I am so excited at the prospect of being done in just a few weeks. I am taking Human Sexuality, Public Speaking, and Intercultural Communications. There is so much work in those classes but my teachers are aware of my situation and are going to let me work at my pace - I am hoping to finish early. I am just really hoping to finish before I land in the hospital again.

I think that I have now procrastinated long enough and I need to now attempt to complete some school work.

TTFN!


4 comments:

Tonya Staab said...

I'm extremely impressed that you colour co-ordinated your clothing with your bedding, contractions and all :)

Shannon said...

Leave it to you to notice that :) Trust me it was just a fluke! That outfit is my "I am leaving the house outfit". It is the only thing that I have that fits me right now! Everything else falls off of me. Yeah for the weight loss - sucks for the lack of clothes!

debi9kids said...

Mmmmmm! That dinner sounds yummy! Now I know what to make for dinner tomorrow. I made WAY too much chicken last night, had stew tonite and still have tons of chicken left. LOL
Really sounds yummy.
Now, if you're having lots of contrax, take it easy so you don't end up back in the ER.
Glad you got out though. Good for you!

Angela & Albert Fontenot said...

Hey Shannon,
We have almost the same comforter! Mine is really similar. Love the receipe I'll definately be trying it. We're still having puke fest at our house too. I kid u not, we've had a sick kid, at least one, every single day since before Christmas! I'm ready for spring too although this winter has been so mild, it's going to be a rough summer, I'm sure. I so love your hair color! You're a hot bedresting mama! David will be hungry for all the sex he can't have! LOL!!!
call me.
love,
angela