Friday, May 9, 2008

Mayah - 2 weeks old - And a update on life.

Well as of today Mayah has been outside my womb for 17 days!! Everyday that I look at her it is like my love grows for her more and more! I can not believe that after 126 days on bedrest - wondering just how I would deal with one more day - she is in my arms! My daughter. Just as I think that the bond between a mother and her sons is really something special - I have come to realize that the bond between a daughter and her mother is great. As much as I didn't think that I could step up to the challenge of being a mother of a little girl - I am so thankful that I am given this opportunity. She is truly our gift from God. And I am thankful that we have been blessed with her and thus completing our family.

We are adjusting with life with a new little one. And let me tell you it is an adjustment. We rearranged our kitchen so that we have a pack-n-play there so that Mayah has a place to sleep or just hang out and she is on the same level as all of us when David is at work. The brothers are adjusting with not being the only main focus throughout the day. They are acting up just a bit more mainly when I am holding or feeding Mayah. Our pediatrician suggested that we try a sling with Mayah so that she is close to me but also my hands are free for the twins. I just got my Ultimate Baby Wrap out and all cleaned so I will try it out this afternoon with her.

She is has a long awake period during the day - normally like 4 hours. Too bad this time is normally at the same time that the brothers are down for their nap. She is a good sleeper at night though. We normally get at least one 4 hour block a night. She is really then up every 3 hours to feed.

She is a champ at feeding. We have been to the Dr. a few times just mainly for weight checks since she was born - Here are her stats up to now:

Birthday 4/22/08 - 6lbs 7ozs 19 3/4 in long
4/24/08 (discharge day) - 6lbs 3 ozs
4/25/08 (first Dr visit) - 6lbs even
4/30/08 (second Dr visit) - 6lbs 2 ozs
5/7/08 (third Dr visit) - 6lbs 10ozs

She is gaining just like she should be! I so wanted to be successful at breastfeeding with her and it looks like we are off to a great start! There are times when I feel like all I am doing is feeding someone or changing someones diaper! If it is not Mayah it is Ethan or the brothers - or ME!!! I can't believe how hungry I am! This Tuesday I had my braces adjusted and now my mouth is really really really sore so I am not able to eat anything that I have to bite into. That limits my food intake choices quite a bit!

4 comments:

Julie said...

keep up the great work! I hope you're able to start enjoying some crunchy foods again soon. I've been through the braces routine and remember very well how sore those tightenings got.

Jenn H said...

Need some more pictures :) Glad Mayah is doing so well, such a little miracle!!!

debi9kids said...

OH! I am just so happy for you Shan that the breast feeding is going so well! YEAH!!!!
Can't wait to see you all very soon! :)

The Romero-Schroeder said...

You sound HAPPY, That is great!