Thursday, May 29, 2008

Only 2 months later

**NOTE TO SELF** I am sure that these loyal :) readers would like to see some updated photos of the brothers - I should get on that.

So yesterday we took the brothers to their 18 month check up. Thats when I found out that it isn't even an 18 month check up but a 15 month check up. So instead of being 2 months late we are actually 5 months late. Great - sign me up now for Mother of the Year! Well I was late yet again - shocker. This time when I walked in (don't worry I called on my way letting them know I was going to be late) the receptionist obviously annoyed with me being late looked at me and then down at her watch. Nice. This is only my 2nd visit to this office and I am already making a great impression! Although I do have to say that the receptionist that was there our first day was a WHOLE lot more pleasant than the one that was there today.

Well once we got called back to the room we then stripped the boys down to just their diaper and took them to get measured. Here are their important stats:

Isaac
25 lbs even - 26%
33.5 inches tall - 55%
49.5cm head cir. - 78%

Aidan
23.8 lbs - 11%
33.5 inches tall - 55%
47.5cm head cir. - 30%

We were then waiting in the room when the Dr came in and asked if we would be willing to return later that afternoon to finish up the appointment. Apparently she had a lunch appointment that she couldn't miss or be late for and wouldn't have time to spend with us before that. So we did - we clothed the brothers and packed them all up and took them home. Now I guess this wouldn't have been such a big deal - I mean we were late to begin with but here was our timetable for the day:

11:15 - Aidans Appointment
11:25 - Time we actually showed up
11:30 - Isaac's Appointment
12:15 - Time we were asked to leave and comeback
2:30 - Time we were asked to comeback

That meant that I had just over 2 hours to get the boys home, feed them and give them a nap. Of course their normal nap time is at noon. Well thats what we did and dispite Isaac being a little fussy all went well.

Once back for our actual "appointment" I spent some time with the Dr just telling her about the boys, since this was the first time that she saw them. I told her about Isaac's never ending sickness throughout the winter and the fact that he has had a lot of ear infections. Well she then examined them guess what - yep - Isaac has yet another ear infection. So now with his snoring, high pallet, and numerous ear infections - he gets a trip to the ENT. She wants us to be seen again in two weeks - either with her or the ENT. I think that a set of tubes is in his future. She said that with his high pallet it just pushes everything up and leaves little room for his adenoids and nasal passageways.

Other than that everything is just fine with the brothers. They are still on the small side but they are growing and they look great! The next time that we see her again for a well visit is at 24 months. Oh and they each got 2 pokes - one in each leg. Poor Babies.

I am sure that I left a few pieces of the day out - but that was the main points I think. :) Remember I am a sleep deprived mother right now!

2 comments:

debi9kids said...

What a pain to have to come back 2 hours later! UGH! How awful!
Glad the boys are doing so well, esp. for preemies!
(funny because I looked at their height & weight and now I know how really tiny Will is, esp. since yours aren't very big, yet are bigger than Will. LOL)

The Corradetti Clan said...

Isacc is just like Hunter. He snores, constantly sick, millions of ear infections and that is will tubes. He is having his adenoids out on July 22.

I cant beleive the asked you to come back.