Wednesday, March 26, 2008

34 weeks 2 days!!! Only 23 days left!!!

Well today was my official 34 week appointment!! I am still amazed that I have made it this far. We are now instead of counting how long I have been pregnant for I am actually counting down 'till delivery! I love it - only 23 days left that is just over 3 weeks!

I had a NST, Ultrasound, and a Appointment with the Dr. I am excited because my normal Dr. is back next week and then we can get serious about scheduling the amino and induction. I think that my hope of continuous weight gain was squelched as I stepped on the scale and found that even with a full bladder I had lost 1 of the 2 lbs that I gained last week! David thinks that it is because I have been moving around a little bit more this past week. Little bit needed some extra motivation during the NST. She was very "flat" and not moving a lot so they buzzed her. Well that got her going and is STILL keeping her going. I had contractions - what is new? I went ahead and did a demand dose of terb and things settled down. She looks great on the U/S. We will not do another growth scan until 36 weeks. Fluid levels looked great and blood flow is just fine. Everything is looking good with Little Bit!

Meeting with the Dr. was a little "different". I went in with a list of different questions that I had and we only got to the first one! One of the main issues that we wanted to talk about was the risks of VBAC. This was one of the few appointments that David was able to be with me at so he wanted to hear what the risks were with going about a VBAC. At the end, he suggested that we consider a scheduled c-sec just because we have some questions about the risks. I really want my regular Dr back! I really want to avoid a c-sec so we are just going to head in that direction. They better be ready with LOTS of drugs if we need to end up with a c-sec!

I also was checked today - I had thought that I could possibly be leaking some fluid so they did a swab to see. He also did a "glance by" of my cervix and said that everything looked good.

All and all I get to stay pregnant for another week! My next appointment not until next Fri. worth the wait because it will be with my normal Dr. Oh and I must say that he has been off for the past 3 weeks because him and his wife are down in the Dominican Republic adopting a baby girl! How exciting for him!!

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you.
PS I was just 34 weeks when I delivered Henry without steroids and he was 5lbs 8oz ans spent only 9 days in the NICU....just think how well little "bit" will do!