Friday, March 28, 2008

My Three Things

Okay - this was started by Debi and I thought that I would post mine too. I need to add a disclaimer though. Even though there are things that I would change about my past - I have to believe that "God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28. So I would say that there are not things that I regret about my life - just things that as I look back, I wish I would have done differently. Hind sight is 20/20 right??

1. That perm I got back in 2000 - yeah now that is something that I totally regret!!! When I told the lady that my hair doesn't hold a curl very well she decided to use the smallest rollers ever. I ended up with the tightest spiral kinks EVER!!! That was the beginning of the worst 2 years of my hair. A month later I went back to have my hair straightened - which just turned it into a form of cotton - I couldn't touch it wet, had to wait for it to dry before I could brush it out. Then we colored it - not good. The only way that I could deal with it was to just cut it all off. I really came close to shaving my head - would of happen too if it had not have been for these 4 huge freckles that I have above my right ear. So I ended up with my hair being a whole 2 inches long! Took forever to grow back..........

2. As much as I enjoyed getting my degree now - I wish that I would have gone to college after Bible school. I am so glad that I took the two years to go to TBI - it was totally life changing, but I wish that after that I signed up for night classes or went to school full time then. I wonder where we would be at now if that is what I did. hum........

3. I think that we would have been wiser if we would have kept our condo in Vegas and not sold it to buy our house in Las Vegas - I don't think that we would be in the financial situation that we are in now if we would have. But of course then the market was booming and we did GREAT with the sale of the condo - who would have known 4 years later where the market would be. I guess that it wasn't us just buying the house - it was the AWFUL refi that we were talked into that changed us from our 30 year fixed to a 3 year ARM (all to save just 150 dollars a month). But here again - if we didn't do all of that - would we be here in IL right now? We are so happy - we love it here (despite dearly missing Davids family). And even though Angela wants to move away from here - I am glad that she is so close and that one of these days we will get to see more of each other!

2 comments:

debi9kids said...

Thanks for the shout-out and for doing this here. Thanks for sharing! :)

Jenn H said...

Need some pictures of that perm! I had one of those back in the day and it to was terrible ;)