Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And The News Just Keeps Getting Better.....

So today was my now weekly Dr's appointment. Although I did not see the Dr. I am officially 33weeks and 3days. I had a NST and a U/S. I don't even know where to start. After getting so much news that has been less than positive it was amazing to finally walk out of the Dr knowing that things were looking up and all was well with the Woolf 6-pack!

First - I have gained a WHOLE 2 lbs since last Wednesday! How funny that I can say that I have officially doubled my whole pregnancy weight gain in 1 week! Yep thats right I am now up 4 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. We then encountered a little hick-up while I was hooked up to the NST - in 20 minutes I had almost 7 contractions. The Dr took a look at them and decided that they were more an irritability and not a real contraction. I then was taken down for an U/S. Fluid level looks great! OH and the BEST PART is that little bit HAS FLIPPED!!! She is no longer breech.

Funny sidetrack here - While I was laying on the table getting ready to have my U/S, I asked my tech what I could do to help her flip. She said that she has something that she recommends and it has worked in 75% of the patients that did it. It is really easy - hands and knees for 15 minutes twice a day. That simple. I kinda laughed at her and told her that for the past week I have been so uncomfortable (extremely constipated and NOTHING has worked) that the only way that I have found any relief was to get on my hands and knees. I have spent MANY minutes of each day for the past week in that position (it has also been really good to relieve some of my lower back pain as well). She said well lets see if it worked - and sure enough SHE DID!!!

WAY TO GO LITTLE BIT!!!

I didn't have an official weight scan but the tech did look and said that it looks like she could be close to 4 lbs!!! I guess that 2 lbs that I gained was really beneficial to her! The other AWESOME news is that during the whole U/S little bit was breathing!!!! She said that at 33 weeks about 25% of babies practice breathing and only some of the time. For little bit to be breathing for the whole 20 minute u/s meant that if we did deliver now - she would most likely have NO breathing problems, meaning little to no NICU time!

Okay so some interesting facts:
  • This is my 3rd pregnancy and my 3rd pregnancy in which my bellybutton still has not popped out!
  • No new stretch marks - I think that the twins did me in!
  • Ethan can intelligently explain the differences between a c-sec or a vaginal delivery. Although he say "cut her out" or "push her out" to define each one.
  • Never before (even with the twins) do I remember peeing so much - but so little at the same time - if you can understand that.
  • One of my all-time favorite snacks is a bell pepper. Thats it just a bell pepper - if I am feeling adventurous I will dip it in some ranch.
I think that is about all that I can think of right now. David has just hired a while new staff - just about so he would like me to stay pregnant for at least 2 more weeks to get them all trained. I think that I can do it :)

6 comments:

Julie said...

Shannon - first, you look awesome! second, you go girl - for all the super good news. Yay!!! I'm going to try the hands and knees thing for my back pain (thanks for the tip). I'm with you on the bell peppers - LOVE THEM! You're in the home stretch now - way to go! - Julie (from Sidelines)

Lizze said...

Yay for good news! Lord knows you deserve it. Love the belly pics, by the way. I also love your shirt! lol Why can't I find anything cute like that? :p

debi9kids said...

YEAH! This is all wonderful news! Just look at your last few posts and now this one...what a change!
PS LOVE the pic of you making a heart over your belly. So sweet.

Jenn H said...

Woo Hoo and I am still going to keep on praying for you both!!!

Shannon said...

You are doing great! And you look great too! I also love the picture with the heart over your belly, so cute!

The jones Family said...

Yay for some good news finally! Just a few more weeks and I know they will go by so fast! I love the stories about the brothers too. So cute that they know where their sister is!!!