Monday, March 24, 2008

Answers Part 1

Here are some answers to the questions that have been asked so far. Keep them coming!

Debi asked: What is your strangest craving you have had (any pregnancy)?

Ice. Ice has been by far the weirdest craving that I have had this pregnancy. I love the Sonic ice - we by it by the bag and I go through at least 3 bags a week. Thats 30 lbs of ice!!! Other than the ice, I really have not had any real cravings for things.

Jenn H asked: What do you want to do with the degree you are working on and are you planning on pursuing a masters?


Well the plan was to start my Masters in the Fall - but that was before I found out that I was pregnant. I think that we are going to just really wait and see how the summer goes. The only hard part about that is most Psychology Masters require a GRE score and that would mean that I need to take it this fall/winter for enrollment in the Fall of 2009. There are a couple of on-line schools that I am looking at that actually set you up for your State Board exams and licensure. End game would be my MFT cert.

I would really like to be a crisis counselor for teens. I think that for job experience I am looking into guidance counselor at the High School level right now. Maybe one day have a private family practice or at least be able to offer my services through our local church. I would love to write - either books or journal articles, I do want to get into some sort of research programs. I would like to teach at the college level.


Lizze asked: What are you hobbies when you are a free-woman? (aka not committed to bed rest haven)

Gee Lizze - this is a hard question to answer. You see ever since I got pregnant with my first son and decided that I would be a SAHM - I decided that I needed to be productive with something other than raising our child - so I enrolled in school. That has consumed just about all of my "free time" I am in my last semester right now so I guess we will see what fills my days then!

My husband and I are extremely active in our church as well. We work with the youth and would love to allow that to pay our bills one day! I want teens to understand that there is more out there than just what they are experiencing in Jr. High/High School. I think that there is nothing better to see the look on their face when they experiance first hand the power of God in their lives. I want them to realized that there is a greater purpose for their life and that they can be a world changer!

I personally love to read, write, and cook. I can't wait to be able to cook meals for my family that include more than stage 2 baby foods! With 3 boys I think that I will get my wish sooner rather than later!

3 comments:

debi9kids said...

Shan, wanted to congratualate you for making it another week! WOOHOO!

Jenn H said...

Hard to believe she'll be here in less than 4 weeks!! I think you are going to make a great counselor!!

Lizze said...

Congrats on another week of "baking". ;)

You are one busy lady! And I'm not even really including the boys in that statement. lol Now I'm off to think of more questions...