Thursday, April 10, 2008

At least someone is comfortable about having the lights on.

I am not sure if you I have told you all this (and I am just too lazy to go back and find out) but I have been sleeping in Ethan's because his bed is SOOO much more comfortable than mine. It is a firm queen size and it fits me perfectly! Well this afternoon I was sitting up in my new room trying to do some homework and my attention was directed to Ethan's fish tank. We gave him a fish tank for his 2nd birthday and we have found ourselves constantly replenishing the fish that we have in his tank. I do find myself tearing up each time we find a "floater" but Ethan thinks that it is "cool" to "set them free in the ocean". Remember all drains lead to the ocean. I guess that we have some great big drains if they make it to the ocean from the middle of the US! One particularly sad occasion was setting a few fish free that were on their last legs anyway. It is one thing to flush a dead fish - another thing to flush a fish that David SAYS is going to die anyway.

Well tonight I was watching the two fish that are currently residing in the fish tank and thought that their behavior was rather odd. The bigger one was pushing around the smaller one. At first I thought that he was attacking the smaller one and after urgently calling David up to Ethan's room to separate our fighting fish - he informs me the bigger fish is a boy fish and the smaller one is a girl fish. He then leaves me to fill in the blanks.

I guess that I never really thought about where baby fish came from.......

5 comments:

Jenn H said...

LOL about the "fighting fish". Hopefully there will be no more floaters!

Brandi said...

Shan you are too funny. Gotta watch out for them "fighters"! LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!
Erin

Lizze said...

That is great! lol

Anonymous said...

that is too funny!!