Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The nurse.....

I am not sure how many read my pregnancy secrets so I decided to post this here too because it is just too crazy of a story - and I didn't want my loyal blog readers (like I have them:)) to notice that it has been a few days since my last post. Don't worry though a BIG one is in the works!

I just got off of the phone with a nurse from my insurance company. Because I am pregnant I belong to a program called "Moms to Babies". They followed me pretty closely with the twins because of the PTL and follow me closely with this pregnancy as well. She calls weekly. It is annoying. She is very hard to understand and because of HIPPA (or whatever it is) she won't talk to David if he answers the phone - even after me telling her she could. Well today the insanity continued. I don't even get into details with her - I just kinda smile and nod. Well today she asked me if I was having contractions - my answer was yes. She then asked me how many - I said a few a day - she wanted a number - I said 3 to 4. She then asked me if I WAS FEELING THEM??????? UM no - I have 3 to 4 contractions a day that I CAN'T FEEL. And she went to nursing school......

6 comments:

debi9kids said...

Interesting.... what the heck?
So, curious... is she from your office or some separate thing? Just seems so silly...

Lizze said...

Okay, let's try this again! Your little letter jumble down there, HATES ME. I just lost me post...so I'll try again. lol

First, I am a very loyal reader! Probably borderline stalker, I read so often.

Second, I'm sorry your nurse is git. On the bright side, you won't have to deal with her for much longer. *hugs*

Shannon said...

Debi - The nurse is in Texas and is from my insurance co. Not my Dr's office. She is a joke!

Lizze - I took off the letter thing so you shouldn't have anymore problems! She said that she would call again in 2 more weeks - I didn't even tell her that I most likely won't be pregnant then!!!

Julie said...

Ins co's are so weird. Mine assigned me a nurse case manager to call if I have any questions. I just held my tongue while thinking "if I have medical questions, my insurance co is the LAST place I'm gonna call". LOL

Jenn H said...

She seems like a real bright one, lol!

Anonymous said...

Shan - I had a similar situation with the "preemie" specialty nurse from my ins calling me every week when I brought the boys home. I think I finally convinced her that my husband is a nurse, I am a pharmacist, and my pedi's office has an on call line...I don't need her services!!! I'm sure they are trying to help, but come on!
Erin (anonymously posting at work)