Wednesday, April 9, 2008

No cute title - 'cause I am just DONE!!!!!

I had my Dr's appointment today. I wish I sounded more excited about it all but right now I am just in a massive funk. There is so much going on and I am just ready for everything to be done! I will give you a run down of my appointment. David was able to go with me and that is always good. This is the first pregnancy that we have had that he has not been at every appointment with me. I guess that is what happens when you have 4 kids! They were short an u/s tech today so I ended up having my appointment split. My blood pressure was taken and good - 108/45 and there was no protein in my urine. All good. Then I was asked to step on the scale. I gained 3 lbs since Friday!!!! That means that I have gained a total of 7 lbs in 10 days!!!!! I understand that weight gain is good - but that is a little drastic in my opinion! I was then sat down for my NST. Little bit did good - her heartbeat was a steady 135 and she gave just 3 accels in 15 minutes with her heartbeat getting to the 180's. I had 3 or 4 contractions in that time too but that is not new. During my NST the Dr came and sat with me. I love my Dr! He just has the best sence of humor. He is really down to earth and just a great guy. I really tried to convince him to deliver me today. I even told him I would buy him dinner! I would have even been okay with a c-sec if he would deliver me today! I am afraid that someone in this family won't survive the week if I stay pregnant!! I am so hormonal right now and unfortunately my family is paying the price! Of course I am still pregnant and will stay pregnant for another week at least!

We went ahead and scheduled an amino for next Wednesday at 9am and then my induction. I have my Golden Ticket!! I really do have a golden ticket that has my induction date and time on it. I get to report to L&D at 10pm on Thursday night, the 17th! Lets pray for 2 things - first the amino is all clear and second no one in St. Louis decides to deliver on Thursday night so that I get a bed in L&D!

I then had a u/s to check everything and all looked good. Her weight is consistent with what it has been and she is still on the small side. She is about 5lbs 3oz give or take 6ozs. The tech showed us all of her hair - she said that she can see lots on the u/s already! Little bit also has some chubby cheeks!!! I can't wait to meet her!

Oh - I did ask about my weight gain and my Dr was a little shocked once he actually saw it. He really couldn't believe it and wanted to know where I put it on at! He said that he will just wait and see with next week. My blood sugars were really good so he wasn't massively concerned with it then.

I tested positive for Group B Strep - very weird since my last hospital visit I tested negative so some how in the past 5 weeks I got this. My Dr said that it is nothing to worry about - I will just be given antibiotics during delivery.

Let me tell you - I am so looking forward to next Thursday night!!! I would also be very excited if I went into labor between now and then too!!! I know that I am still 3 weeks away from my actual due date - but also remember that I am 4 weeks further than I was with the twins!!! I am finally getting much bigger and my stretch marks are getting stretch marks!!!

Well I am off to do more homework - or maybe I just might sleep - who knows.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

You are almost there Shan! Hang in there! Hugs being sent your way.

Julie said...

ok - please don't stress about the weight - I mean, you've barely gained any in total. here's something to make you feel better - I'm only 25 weeks and I've already gained 37 lbs -- 37 lbs!!!! I gained 5 pounds in the last 6 days! OMG. Feel better? :)

How exciting you have your induction date - yay!! So happy for you - you're so close!!

debi9kids said...

Shan,
You are so close now! I just KNOW you can make it without killing anyone. LOL
Call anytime you ever need to vent. :)