Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mayah is Here!!!!


Tuesday, April 22 started at 3am with me having a seizure.
David & I drove to the hospital and I was immediately taken to L&D and put on IVs & montering. The doctors came in and talked to me & said because of my seizures that it would be better to deliver than allow me to stay pregnant.
They didn't want to start my induction until I was loaded up on anti-seizure medicine.
10:30am I was started on pitocin. It was increased every half hour until I was at the full 20.
At 2:30 they broke my water and I started having some low blood pressure issues & at 3:30 I got my epidural. Thank God!
Basically the man with the big needle came in and stuck it in my back. I love that man!
My blood pressure issues continued and I was watched constantly until I delivered.
There were some points that I was ready to give up and just go for a csection because I wasn't dilating as fast as I wanted to, but everyone kept encouraging me & telling me I could do it.
My friend, Debbie, left the hospital at apx. 8pm to meet her husband at my house which is 45 minutes away and when she left the nurse checked me and I was still 5cm. So, we knew it was going to be a long night.

At 8:45 I was on the phone with my friend Angela and I was telling her I was real nauseous & shaky and she told me that she bet I was in transition and was going to be ready to have the baby soon.
I told her, "No, it's just my low blood pressure."
The nurse overheard the conversation and decided to check me.
Angela should be a midwife!!!!
When she checked me, I was complete & ready to push.

Problem! Debbie was 45 minutes away!
They said if I really wanted to wait until she got back I just needed to lay on my side, breathe through my contactions and not push.
We called frantically for Debbie to come back and she rushed back to the hospital.
At 9:30 the nurse said we couldn't wait anymore & I needed to start pushing.
Minutes later, Debbie walked through the door.
It took me 4 contractions & Miss Mayah Jacqueline entered the world!
6lbs 7oz. & 19 3/4 inches long.





And, the boys...

5 comments:

debi9kids said...

Of course I had to get here first (heehee, you know. LOL)
She is just GORGEOUS! So so so happy for you Shan!!!
Much love!
Debi

Sheri said...

Great new post. She is just gorgeous. So who won the contest??

Jenn H said...

She's SOOOO beautiful!!! Loved hearing about her birth!

The Romero-Schroeder said...

She is such a beauty! CONGRATS

Angela & Albert Fontenot said...

Shan,
Did I ever tell you I love you so much! I'm cracking up that you really put that whole transition thing on your blog! I didn't think you'd really do it. I love the pics of your shower. I hope you enjoyed the day.
ang